Apr 28, 2010

It feels like I haven't written in a while but really, it hasn't been that long. Life has become kinda slow around here, it's nice. We can relax and breathe. Of course it's just the calm before the storm i.e. the summer. Kyle is going to be starting intermurals (or intramurals, we just say innermurals) and we are both stoked for it. Kyle loves playing softball and kickball and ultimate frisbee. I left competitive sports a while ago but I absolutely LOVE watching the games and cheering on Kyle. Plus, I think Kyle looks like such a HUNK when he's out catching pop-fly's and running the bases. We are going to be taking Jack to these games as well. I've already bought the spf 50 for him and he has a little baseball hat to protect his face. Jack is such a trooper.

Kyle's mom came out and visited about two weeks ago. I think I already wrote about it but I will do it again. It was nice to have her out here again. I wasn't all crazy with hormones and a brand new baby so we got time to talk and hang out. She also babysat Jack so Kyle and I could go out on some dates. FABULOUS! It was great. She just had knee replacement surgery but things seemed to have gone well. I hope she recovers fully because we are gonna go out to Tennessee in July and she better be ready for Jack. I bet he'll be mobile then.

Next weekend my mom is coming down to visit before Mother's Day. My sister and I are excited. We're gonna have a wonderful day. It's just for a day so she flies out that night but it's nice to be able to spend time with my mom. This will be my first Mother's Day with a baby I can hold. I was pregnant last Mother's Day so it was fun but this time it will totally official and everything. I'm really hoping we get chocolate in church...

Jack has learned to sit up on his own. I still put the Bopee behind him cuz he falls. I hate that sound of his head going "thud" when he topples. We've been working on tummy time as well. He doesn't roll over anymore but he has been pushing his but up in the air a lot. I like encouraging him on crawling but I'm a bit nervous. Once he can move he's gonna try to go everywhere. We haven't baby-proofed our apartment yet but I'm sure we'll learn what to keep really high really soon. He continues to amaze me. We love him so much and he is such a fun kid. He eats well and sleeps well. This age is awesome because Kyle and I get to see Jack learn these great milestones so quickly. He can pull to his feet if we hold his hands, he can sit up unsupported, he can rake toys towards him and pass them from one hand to another. Jack knows his name, well he knows Jack but not really Jackson. He smiles at everyone. He is starting to cuddle and he uses his voice all the time. He likes green beans and sweet potatoes and he enjoys his sippy cup even though he can't drink from it yet. He is just so curious and it's fun to teach him about stuff cuz it's simple stuff that I take for granted everyday. What a blessing he is. Oh Yeah!! AND he laughs a lot. The other day Kyle was changing his diaper and he peed on Kyle. Then Jack laughed and laughed for about two minutes. It was hilarious!

That's what's happening around here. Here's some pics for the grandparents to show off ;)



I opened the back door while it was raining so he could listen and watch it


Ready for church. No shoes today-he would not have it.


Sitting champ and 25 weeks old


I think this captures Jack's personality perfectly.


Bath time after I let him play with his food.


1 comment:

tawna said...

cute, cute kid!! So excited to see him and actually get to play with him!


LOVE the new blog look.

That's it. You're hired.

:)