Jan 24, 2010

Update

A few days ago I got a call from my mom telling me that my cat Funky Mama was not doing well. The next day she told me she had died. Funky was MY cat and will be my only cat since Kyle is allergic to them. It was sad to hear that she died but I'm sure she's feeling much better. She was old (I got her in second grade) and not really eating anymore. I'll miss her when I go home.

This week Jackson's Aunt Rinny is coming to see him. Kyle's sister is flying in from Tennessee to see our little boy. I am so glad Jackson is loved. He is a sweet little boy. I love watching him grow and develop. Jack and I went to the library the other day and got some books. I got a few picture books to read to Kyle and then picked up Tuck Everlasting and a few other children's books. (I prefer reading that kind of fiction as compared to adult fiction. I don't have to worry about as much trash).


Jackson is learning he has hands too! I think he is aware of them but he hasn't figured out how to grab things or really how to move them specifically on demand. For example-if I put a toy where he can see it and reach it-he starts flailing about kicking his legs and swinging his arms. It is obviously a great struggle but if he's lucky he can grab it with a few fingers. It's pretty cute. He has started talking a bit as well and he is a BIG drooler. I love our little Jackson.

12 weeks


Learning time with daddy


supporting the GOP

2 comments:

Bethany said...

He is such a cutie! Sounds like you guys are doing well! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! Sorry to hear about your cat :(

Kaylyn said...

I'm sorry for your loss Cynthia. That is sad. I can't believe how much Jackson has changed! He is so cute!