Jan 4, 2010

I hate coming up with a title!

Jack and I don't do much during the day so I often don't have much to say. Lately I have been thinking a lot about Seattle. It's probably because of the time of the year. I moved to Seattle for four months to do an internship in January 2007. It was an amazing experience. I think it's probably the best thing I did before I got married. Although I missed Kyle very much it was a chance for us to be away from each other and -at least for me-figure out that I didn't want to be without him. I would have stayed up in Seattle for the rest of the summer if Kyle had moved up there but that was just not feasible so I moved back to little Provo and now have the sweetest little boy and a strikingly handsome husband. Here are some pictures though of when I was in Seattle. It is a great place and I would live there in a heartbeat.




So Jack is growing up. He hasn't done anything I would consider a big milestone but he is hitting little ones. He can roll over but sometimes he gets a little frustrated and then I just have to pick him up. He makes some pretty cute noises. He drools a lot more lately so I think he'll probably start razzing soon. That will be cute! He has started to suck on his hand which is nice because he drops his pacifier a lot. He also smiles! I was a little disappointed because he would beam at Kyle and at my mom but not at me. Then I realized it was nothing person- I just had to get my face closer to him and he would smile back. He loves to stand. We support him but he kicks his legs out straight and loves it. I'm so glad I can stay home with Jack-I love seeing all the development and just being there with him. He was having a difficult time going to sleep tonight. I kept trying and Kyle was trying so finally I just rocked him to sleep. I sat there thinking about the books I read and my friends posts about trying to train their little ones to fall asleep on their own. Then I thought-when he's fifteen I won't be able to do this-so I rocked him to sleep and loved every minute of it.

Using the new towel I made him. I put little ears on it :)


Trying to catch a smile...


That's pretty close!


His blessing outfit I sewed


He's a little stressed for the big event


Sleeping with his mouth open


Look at that belly!


Tummy Time


Wearing his outfit Aunt Tracy and Uncle Robbie got him for Christmas. It looks like I caught him mid blink.

4 comments:

Robbin and Sarah said...

What a cute grandson I have!!! I love the pictures. I also remember Seattle and when you were up there. Love you, mom

sarah savage said...

haha, i loved looking through those seattle pics! i had so many laughs; i'm glad you posted that. man, what a great place to live - that was such a good time of life, right? i'd move back in a heartbeat, too.

Jessica said...

I can't believe how much he looks like you guys! What a doll. Isn't motherhood so much fun? Keep the pictures coming--I love to see them! Glad you guys are doing well. :)

The Browning Bunch said...

So cute!!! I have a question - how do you make the banners you put on your blog?