We went to a few Christmas parties. Kyle's work threw one and they had DELICIOUS food. It was a nice party and a chance for us to take our little Jack out on the town. Not really of course but it was one of the first times we took him out and into public. Everyone thought he was so cute-who wouldn't though right?
For our church Christmas party, Kyle had to help set up and we went and enjoyed a good meal and a great Christmas show. It was a skit with the manger scene. Kyle was in charge of the lights so it was Jack and I that watched it. Jack is amazing in public. He hardly ever cries and he behaves so well. He isn't like that all the time though so don't be fooled. I will admit though-he is a good baby.
Yesterday we took Jack to church for the whole block. It was quite an accomplishment. I hadn't been to Relief Society in FOREVER and it was nice to be back. Our downstairs neighbor helped me with Jack and held him during RS which was nice. Before I had Jackson I always wanted to hold babies but was too nervous to ask because I thought the mom wanted to hold them all the time. Now I realize that it's like a little act of service. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE holding Jackson. In fact I got upset at the hospital because a nurse was going to rock him to sleep so that I could sleep. (we can probably blame that incident on my crazy hormones) It was so nice to be able to listen to the lesson though. Jackson is such a little blessing in our life, I can't imagine a world without him now. This is Jackson going to church for the first time.
Jack is so sweet and we LOVE him so much. He's starting to make more noise and "talk" a bit more. AND today he smiled at me-I think. I'm not really sure but he did a few times and he wasn't falling asleep. He usually smiles when he falls asleep and that's a cue to me but today he was fully alert and making eye contact. It was fun. The other day I he spit up on himself so he was just in his diaper and Kyle was leaving for work so he brought Jack to me. I was trying to keep him entertained so I was bouncing him up and down on his feet like he was jumping. It was so adorable because I soon realized I had a little sumo wrestler. I wish I had gotten a picture but I didn't. Here's a picture I got though, enjoy!
3 comments:
wow cyth look at those EYES! such a doll. wish you were in boise for the holiday so we could see you guys! Merry Christmas! and watch out for triscuts!
He is adorable!!!! I can't wait to see him in person! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.
He's so cute! I can't believe how quickly the time flies by (two months already?!). Merry Christmas!! PS: We made our blog private so send me your email and I can put you on our list (jaikok at yahoo dot com).
Post a Comment