Jul 21, 2009

Update on Our Mundane Life

So I'm back at work (don't worry it's lunch break) and I am exhausted. Kyle and I just got lucky enough to catch a flu bug this weekend. At first I thought it was from my sister's. She made us dinner in Salt Lake but she wasn't sick at all. Come to find out, two of other couples that we had played games with on Saturday night were sick as well. I haven't really gotten sick since being pregnant. In fact, it had been about 13 years since I last had gotten sick until just recently when I got once case of morning sickness. I don't really think I have ever gotten the flu. Kyle and I promised eachother that we would never EVER catch it again. Yesterday was NOT FUN.

We thought it was food poisoning, hence why I thought it came from my sisters. And while she made and excellent dish for us, we won't be eating anything like it soon. When I got a text from my friend Megan asking if I was sick because she and her husband were, we found out it wasn't food poisoning but a bug. I let my husband know because he had gone to work and I didn't want him to spread anything. When he came home he basically passed out in bed. I stayed up for about another hour and then went and got into bed as well. We slept until 4:00pm! The rest of the day was just lying around in front of our window ac and then back to bed around 10:30pm. This was probably the worst experience ever.

The real thing that got me posting was that I wanted to brag about my background. It didn't come out as perfectly as I would have liked it but it's a start. I made the background, and I am so proud of it. I also made the little link to lds.org and to the indexing site. (please know, those aren't my pictures but I personally picked those pics) I LOVE LOVE LOVE working on gimp which is just a free version of adobe photoshop. Kyle found some gimp tutorials and I just ate them up (after I tried the first one). I also made my mom and dad's background. It's so much SOOOOO MUCH fun. Here's some of the stuff I have learned to make:

These were for work--it reflects!!!




For my Dad-- It should be blinking but it might not be on this.



That's all for now. Have a great Pioneer Day this Friday!!!

2 comments:

tawna said...

I am SO SORRY you guys got so sick!! I was afraid I've been killing everyone off, but it seems we've gotten it at different times and with different symptoms.. Weird.

SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!! :(

happier news: Your compy graphic skills are STELLAR. I was all proud that i got out my gehtto header (on myredhotdesigns) on powerpoint...haha. I could use your skills. :)

also, I need to call you, but I shall wait until more evening when you're not at work. Yes, I would love to make you a towel. and I have another question for you.....

Kaylyn said...

I Love your background pictures! I wish I was so talented! Sorry to hear that you guys where sick. Hopefully you are feeling better by now.