
For those of you who know Kyle from intramural sports, you know he's fast. I personally relish in his speed because I am notoriously slow. It's like I'm the tortes and he's the hare. Lately a guy in our ward has deemed running fast as doing "the Kyle Brown Run." I love it! Mostly because when something is named after me i.e. "the Cyndie Smile" it's not a good thing. Kyle and I have been loving this summer and the intramural BYU games. He plays hard and I cheer hard. It's a great pass time.
A lot has happened in the past month. We are exhausted from travelling. I do not wish to make a long drive to Boise for another few months. I suppose I have probably two months of no travelling but then it's back the grind stone as Kyle and I head up to Idaho for my brother's wedding. That is exciting and I am so happy that he and Tracy are getting married. Not to mention-there is a plus side to being in the wedding but not being part of the wedding party. I love that we get to partake in the rehearsal dinner (food is always a good thing to me right now) and we get to see lots of people at the reception BUT we don't have to stand in a line for hours greeting people that we don't know. I think I will greatly enjoy this wedding.
Two weeks ago Tonie (my sister), Kyle and I made the venture up to Boise for Father's Day. It was great fun. We went to the driving range and I got some great distance on maybe two of my hits. Kyle has found a love for golf which excited my whole family so for Father's Day he got a golf bag that my mom wasn't using that she had gotten from my grandpa. My brother has the same one so now they can be twins...
We also went to a Boise Hawks game. There were fireworks afterwards and it was a great time. That is of course after the sun went down and we all stopped roasting. Baseball is a great sport to watch and I am so glad Kyle has played it because he can explain a lot of stuff to me.
While we were in Boise we found out Kyle's Grandpa Brown's funeral service was going to be the next week...in Boise. So we trekked back to Utah only to leave for Idaho four days later. This time we rode with Kyle's family. Jordan, my nephew; Kyle and I all sat in the back seat of a large pickup. Jill, Kyle's sister; his mom and his cousin were up in the front seat. I would like to say it was just a happy journey up to Idaho where we sang songs together and everyone was laughing and telling jokes but it wasn't. I did have fun entertaining Jordan but after about two hours of sitting on "the hump" my back and neck were killing me. Not to mention, I was having a case of kankles. For some reason whenever I go up to Boise my ankles swell up HUGE. I assume this is a side effect of being pregnant and I'm glad it has gone away but it is not a pleasant sight.
We stayed at Kyle's Aunt's house for the weekend and attended the funeral. It was a wonderful service and I hate to say proud but I am proud that I was related to such a great man. He was a music teacher who had a great impact on a lot of people's lives. After the service Kyle's dad got to watch me beat two of his sons in ping pong. I thought that was nice. We chilled at Kyle's grandparents' house and listened to stories and looked at pictures. I really liked the weekend but was glad to be coming home.
For the Fourth of July Kyle and I like to go to the Alumni Building at BYU and watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks show. This year it was lame-o. In a fireworks show you should be able to tell where the finale is. Not this one-we waited and questioned at the very end if it was the end. I will admit it was a bit of a disappointment. When we got back to the apartment we watched Kyle's brother's fireworks show. Stephen had recorded it for us and it was pretty amazing. A great part of it was listening to the people in the background.

So that has been our life or a while. Kyle finally got to start working and we are very excited. I know he was anxious to start working on iPods and computers--he loves his job so much. Tomorrow we find out what our little baby is going to be so we will keep everyone informed. Until then...have a nice day :)
2 comments:
We missed you guys the last little while! Glad you're back and well.
BOY OR GIRL??? WHAT IS BABY BROWN?!?????
AHHH!
IM SO EXCITED FOR YOUUUU!
What are you having? I better check facebook:)
Post a Comment