This weekend we are taking off for IDAHO!! It is my family reunion and I am so excited to go up to Cascade and go boating and camping and swimming. Kyle will enjoy it too. It will be nice for him to meet the rest of my family. Not all of them were at our wedding reception and so even after being married for a YEAR he has not met everyone in my family. He probably never will because I meet new people every few years too. Yay for family and for Idaho and for summer fun!
Work is pretty hum drum but Kyle and I are getting through. He has been working at the same place for at least a year, maybe two. I am coming up on a year at my current job. Kyle and I are so grateful for our jobs. We are also grateful that we work close to home. During this gas crisis issue (which really stinks) we have reduced out driving to an extreme minimum. Because Kyle works on campus in the Bookstore he is able to ride his bike or even walk to work. I work about two miles away...maybe three...I am not sure but it is close to Provo Canyon (1250 N ish). We bought me a nice bike and I bike to work every morning as well (thank you Parkers for finding the KSL ad). Luckily it is nice and cool in the mornings and the ride home is easy. But anyways Kyle and I love our bikes. On our long weekend we rode along the Provo River Trail all the way out to Utah Lake. It was a nice ride, I just wish the cotton wood trees would not drop so much "cotton". The other day I rode to Walmart...it took me about 30 minutes...but at least it did not cost any gas. :) We both enjoy not using the car this summer, it really helps us save up money and feel more independent.

Speaking of independent, on July 4th we didn't buy firworks. However, we did go up behind the Hinckley building and watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks. It was a lot of fun. I love spending summers with Kyle. At the fireworks-->
Happy Birthday dad! I tried to call but you guys were probably busy opening gifts.
I hope the summer only gets better and I will get pics of our apartment up soon!
1 comment:
go back to our blogspot and see the picture of Dad being a bear hugger. There is also a picture of the grizzly bear that was grumpy. I love reading your blogspot. When are you coming up.
Post a Comment