Jan 6, 2008

Our First Christmas





Tennessee was wonderful. This Christmas Kyle and I went to Tennessee and spent the holidays with his family. It was a lot of fun. We saw shows like Dixie Stampede where people do trick riding. We went to his sister's show and listened to the Blues Brothers, Kenny Rogers and Johnny Cash. Kyle and I got to go to an amazing magic show. The holidays were great!

On top of that, we also spent a lot of time with his family. I loved getting to meet our new niece and spending time with Jordan, our nephew. For me this was great because I had not met his one of sisters and his brothers yet. Can I just say that I am so lucky with the families that I have. My in-laws are great and I could not have asked for anything better. That is something that I had hoped for for Kyle and I and we have really lucked out when it comes to in-laws. Our families are Grrrreat!!!

For Christmas Kyle's family opens presents on Christmas eve. I have no problem with that obviously. Kyle got me some sweet speakers for my car because mine are blown out. They are Clarions...yeah...sweet! I was really excited. Kyle got a Transformers shirt from me and a pull-up bar. He liked his gifts, he also got three tubes of cooling grease for his computer which we later found out you only need to use an amount the size of a grain and a half of uncooked rice. We laughed because he now has a lot of that compound. I'm sure we'll find something to use it.

At mid-night we shot of loads of fireworks. Thankfully Kyle's hometown is humid and it doesn't have firework restrictions, that I know of. We had a lot of fun with the pretty light show and I got to buy big sparklers that were about two and half feet long and burn them. Yes!!! Watching Kyle with his brother Travis was a lot of fun. I also have decided that Boy Scouts teaches unnecessary skills on their camp outs.



We enjoyed our holiday, Tennessee is so beautiful and I cannot wait to go back. Mostly to spend time with his family which I have grown to love over the past two weeks.

No comments: